Reverse Aging Through Modern Dentistry
Do You Desire Better Teeth?
Do you have cracked, chipped, worn down, or missing teeth? Thanks to advances in cosmetic dentistry, there are solutions available that can help all of these dental problems! While Dr. John M. Harris opened the world's first dental school in Bainbridge, Ohio in 1828, early civilizations have yielded evidence of dentistry as far back as 7000 BC. However, it wasn't until the last few decades that we have seen amazing advances in cosmetic dentistry and dental implants in San Diego.
Today's tooth restorations allow the world's finest cosmetic dentists to replace or restore missing teeth or missing pieces of the tooth's structure. A tooth can sustain damage due to decay, gum disease, deterioration of earlier restorations, or fractured teeth. No matter the underlying cause, damaged and decaying teeth can undergo dramatic improvements with restorations to the point where a patient's teeth are restored so beautifully, that they can even look better than ever before!
Examples of restorations include:
- Fillings – While teeth can be filled with gold and amalgam, we prefer to use tooth-colored plastic and glass materials called composite resin filling.
- Crowns – These are tooth-shaped "caps" that are placed over a tooth to restore its natural shape, size, strength and appearance.
- Bridges – Bridges are false teeth that are used to "bridge the gap" created by one or more missing teeth. Bridges can be anchored by crowns or cemented permanently in place.
- Dental Implants – Dental implants actually replace tooth roots. Implants are small posts that are made out of metal that is placed into the bone socket where teeth are missing. Once inserted, the implant is covered with a crown (a replacement tooth).
- Dentures – These are removable replacements for missing teeth. They are made out of acrylic resin and are sometimes combined with metal attachments. Dentures can replace all of a patient's teeth, or partial dentures can be used where some natural teeth still remain.
Speak With Our San Diego Cosmetic Dentist
These days, everywhere you look it seems as if your friends and family are all getting smile makeovers. Gone are the days when everyone had stained, crooked and missing teeth. With today's modern restorations, you too can have that beautiful smile you have always dreamed of.
Have you ever wondered how a smile makeover might change your appearance, your self-confidence, and your overall outlook on life? You don't have to be a famous Hollywood actor to have brilliant teeth. At Advanced Dentistry & Implant Center, Dr. Roya Mirkhan will work closely with you to develop a customized treatment plan that will help you achieve that beautiful smile that you deserve!
To learn more about your treatment options that can transform you smile, contact our office today to arrange your consultation with Dr. Roya Mirkhan!