Reverse Aging Through Dentistry
San Diego Dental Implants
Are you ready to take the next step and get dental implants? Dental implants are an attractive option for people with one or more missing teeth. If you've lost teeth because of gum disease, decay, or an injury, dental implants may replace your missing teeth and give you back your smile and your confidence!
The procedure for placing a dental implant is usually a multi- step process where two separate dental practitioners complete different steps; however, Dr. Roya Mirkhan has the extensive training that enables her to complete all implants in one office, without having to refer our patients to an outside specialist. Having a well-trained San Diego implant dentist perform the multiple steps is especially appealing to our patients because they are already familiar with our doctor, our office, and our friendly staff.
Following are the conventional steps for dental implant placement. At our office, we can often condense the below conventional steps into three simple steps - first, being the initial consultation, second being the actual implant surgery done under sedation under sterile conditions in conjunction with any extractions and/or bone grafting procedures with impressions taken and temporization of implant temporary crown or crowns, and third being the approximate healing phase of approximately 2-4 months and placement of final implant crown (crowns or restoration).
- Step One - The initial consultation where we take dental X-rays of the area where the implants are to be placed. During this time, the area of bone will be evaluated to ensure that the quality of the bone is good and sufficient enough to support a dental implant. We will also take a diagnostic impression.
- Step Two - Implant placement (surgical placement of the post into the jaw bone) surgery is performed under local anesthesia under sterile conditions. Once the implant is placed in the jaw, the area will be left alone in order to encourage healing, and also so the implant can integrate with the surrounding jaw bone (alveolar bone). Once a dental implant is placed, it can take from 3 to 6 months before the final restoration process is complete, with full healing taking from 3 to 6 months.
- Step Three - The impression for a crown is obtained. We will attach an impression piece to the implant and obtain an impression for the crown or bridge. If the patient is getting an implant supported denture, we will take an impression of the surrounding tissues and dental implants.
- Step Four - Once the crown or dental bridge has been crafted, we will try the crown or bridge in order to ensure a perfect and comfortable fit. We will ensure that the color matches the surrounding teeth and that the crown or bridge is cemented properly. For an implant supported denture, we would evaluate the denture for appearance, function, proper speech and stability. At this time, any necessary adjustments are made and the denture is sent to the dental laboratory for any necessary processing.
- Step Five - For patients who are getting dentures, in the final appointment their implant-supported denture is delivered and fitted. We will take the necessary actions to ensure that the denture fits comfortably and we will also adjust the bite to ensure that the bite is even and natural feeling.
Contact Us to Request Your Consultation!
Our top priority in all of our procedures is ensuring that your treatment is safe, effective and as comfortable as possible. To learn more about our dental implant procedures, please contact us today to request a consultation with Dr. Roya Mirkhan!
If you are like the millions of Americans who are unhappy with their smiles, you are not alone. If crooked, stained, or decaying teeth are the result of an acidic diet, injuries, medical conditions such as diabetes, aging, or naturally occurring strains, you can find help from one of America’s top dentists.
At Advanced Dentistry & Implant Center, Dr. Roya Mirkhan, DMD, MSD, is ready to come to your aid. With 19 years of experience in specialized dental care, our San Diego implant dentist offers a comprehensive range of cosmetic, periodontal, preventative, and restorative dental services to help you achieve the healthiest and most attractive smile. Dr. Mirkhan prioritizes patient comfort and care and will do everything she can to make your appointment a pleasant one.
Dr. Roya Mirkhan Learn More
- All on 4 Implants